The special issue of Journal of Ethnic Foods will focus on significant values of Kimchi, Korea's unique fermented ethnic food and the cultural form of history and culture based on our journal’s philosophy: The uniqueness, variety and creativity of food traditions and cultures, as well as the complex interplay of societal and environmental factors can be fully understood by considering perspectives on ethnography, cultural anthropology, population health and well-being, biology, history, ecology and geography.
Suggested topics include:
- Philosophical and Historical Recognition of Kimchi
- Fermentation of Kimchi and its Microorganisms
- Agricultural and Food cultural Background of Kimchi
- Gastronomical Aspects of Kimchi
- Literature Review of Kimchi
The deadline for submission to this special issue is January 30, 2022. Articles will be reviewed and published in 2022.
Jung Han Yoon, Hallym University, Republic of Korea
Young Eun Lee, Wonkwang University, Republic of Korea